Wednesday, April 15, 2009

RACEtoLIVEWeLL

Do you like clean water? Do you like to run? Do you want to be apart of change in this world?

Then come out on MAY 31st for RACEtoLIVEWeLL!

RacetoLIVEWell supports the mission of LASTWELL:
1) Provide clean water to the entire nation of Liberia by 2015, and
2) Invigorate our generation to share Christ with the church being the change in the world.

So why clean water in Liberia? Mothers in Liberia have a choice: do I give my child dirty water that might kill them or do I let them dehydrate? It's a sad situation...but one that we CAN change. Liberia is on the edge of Africa, therefore restoring and building wells there are relatively inexpensive!

Here are the numbers:
Restoring a well: $2,500-$3,000
Digging a new well: $5,000
Water for one year to a child: $1
Saving lives: Priceless



This is change I can believe in :)

2 comments:

  1. Kim: Thanks so much for letting me know about this! Have you registered yet? I'm looking at it, and it looks like there's an online reg and then there's a paper registration. I also see a registration fee (which I'm happy to pay!) on the paper form, but not on the online one.

    FYI: 5k time in October was 20:38. Booya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You register twice-- once for LastWell and once for the Herndon Festival. The fee is only for Herndon and then LastWell, part of your fundraising covers the cost of the t-shirt. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

    20:38!?!? That's awesome time!

    ReplyDelete