Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Thoughts: Michael Scott

The past two Friday Thoughts have both been by British men, so in breaking with that theme, today's:

Michael Scott


...From the British inspired show, The Office.

If you don't watch, YOU SHOULD. Every Thursday at 9:00 p.m. on NBC. DVR it or Hulu.

My favorite line from last nights show,
"Who would’ve thought that the thing that would save this company would be work... and pancakes?"

And a few of my other favorite Michael Scott thoughts....

"Do I want to be feared or loved? That's a good question. I want both. I people to be afraid of how much they love me."

"David, I will be honest with you. I do want the credit without any of the blame."

"When I discovered YouTube, I didn't work for five days. I did nothing. I viewed cookie monster sings chocolate rain about 1,000 times."

"{on helping Holly} She's my friend,and ultimately my strategy is to sort of merge this into a relationship without her even knowing."

"I just don't want my employees thinking that their jobs depend on performance. I mean...what sort of place is that to call home?"

"I have an enormous amount of trouble trying to get people to come to my place. I hate it. I can't tell you how much leftover guacamole I have ended up eating over the years. I don't even know why I make it in such great quantities. "


If you have a favorite Michael Scott quote, throw it in the comments for all to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. "As Abraham Lincoln said,'If you are a racist, I will attack you with the north.'"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pam, everyone deserves a second second chance."

    ReplyDelete